Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dear Knoxville,

If you have read this blog at all, you know I pick up strays when I am out of town.  And instead of leaving them there like any smart female would do, I accept their invitations to come visit me.  And so it was, after spending mere hours with Knoxville in Miami, I allowed him to come spend 4 days with me three weeks later.

Of course, because my life is nothing short of one gigantic shitshow... Vegas guy (Nerd Conference) was calling me a bunch during this period as well. He was headed back to vegas for another convention.  He really really really wanted me to come out there and spend the week with him.  To the tune of had a ticket reserved on American.  While, I am normally all up for free vacations, Knoxville happened to have already booked a ticket to come visit me that weekend, so I had to politely decline.

We had been talking a bunch on the phone, and he is a really nice and sweet guy, but to go from 4 hours with someone to 4 days, is a bit much.  Marathon dating: it's not for the faint of heart.

I picked him up from the airport Friday morning and he didn't leave until Monday morning.  I literally had DAYS to kill. I even took him on a road trip to my favorite hometown restaurant so I could kill 5 hours on Saturday.  I'm a girl, I don't plan dates.  But when these out of towners come in, they don't know what to do either.

We had fun, but 4 days is a lot of time to spend with someone. He's a really great guy, but he lives 900 miles away. He is not licensed to practice here, nor am I licensed to practice in Florida or Tennessee... but I will be seeing him again when I head back to Miami for my birthday.  Assuming of course, that I don't get my very own dateline special before then.

W

No comments:

Post a Comment