Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dear Mr-i-love-you-voicemail-guy,

We met at a bar one night in college. I can't remember if we made out or not.  I'm guessing we didn't make out because you had a soul patch, and I find those things disgusting.  Plus, I invited another guy to hang out with me the night we met, so that could have been awkward.

Anyhow, I must have been drunk enough to give you my number.  And you were crazy enough to use it. Several times a day.  Despite me not returning or responding to your desperate attempts to contact me.

Two weeks after we met, I was at chapter (for the non-greeks in here, weekly sorority meetings).  So I sent you to voicemail.  As everyone was socializing after the close of chapter, I listened to your voicemail.

Shut.Up.

You legit ended your message with an "i love you."  Seriously.  To confirm, I asked another sorority sister to tell me what she heard when she listened to the message. A said, "That's an 'i love you' alright."

Awesome.

So, being me, I played the message on speaker phone for almost the entire sorority.  Guess you never got a chance to date a piece of "heaven on earth" because none of the angels would go out with you after they figured out you were Mr.-I-love-you-voicemail guy.

Next time, keep your crazy-sounding, clingy, creepy thoughts to yourself.

loveyoumeanit!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment