Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dear Outback (Again),

We met on Friday for dinner and then a comedy show.  While you earned points with the comedy show, because it allowed me to check and item off my bucket list, I was miffed by the following things.  Cumulatively, they are what made me decide that our second date would be our final date.

1. You had me meet you at the comedy place.  You did not even offer to drive me.  Not very polite of you.  But...
2. I think you wanted me to go to City Limits with you after the comedy show.  Seriously, a club on a date. You have got to be joking.
3.  A club for 18 year olds. Um no.
4. You kept pressuring me to drink more, despite your incessant chatter about how you want to make sure I'm not an alcoholic like your past girlfriends... Awkward.
5. You flat out told me that you stopped talking to another girl so that you could concentrate on me.  After one date.  I thought that you were putting a lot of pressure on me to say the same thing, but let's be serious.
6.  You take for freaking forever to say goodbye.  Like kiss me once and let me go home.  Less is more, buddy.
7.  Although you claim to be a non-smoker, I definitely detected a smoking odor when you kissed me. Gross. Dealbreaker.
8.  You told me that you dated a sorority girl in college. And you cooked dinner for her one night and things were heating up when 10 of her sorority sisters showed up at your door to rescue her.  I'm not sure why you would tell me that story.  But it pretty much was the kiss of death for you.  Let's be serious.  Sorority girls are not known for their purity.  So it says something to me about your reputation when the collective wisdom of 10 girls is that their friend should not be alone with you.


So, when you asked me out again, I decided to let you down gently.  I told you that I wasn't free for dinner until mid-July. Read: a month from now.  Take the hint.  But you didn't.  Here is a verbatim text message conversation that followed:

O: I can take a hint.
O: What about drinks? (HAHHAHAHAH, dude, I don't want to see you. not now. not ever. even for drinks.)
O: Be honest, am I wasting my time pursuing you? (Duh.)
W: I am really swamped right now so I probably don't have time for any relationship right now. I think you are a great guy though. (I thought that was nice and to the point. I am really busy, too, so it isn't a total lie.)
O: Thanks


........... I thought that was the end of it. But this morning:

O: If I'm great then we can still have dinner mid July. I beleave [sic - spelling is clearly from Georgia, like him] somebody's getting what love u have to offer.[ not true, I just don't like him. how about he try and grasp that concept: i'd rather be alone than be with him]  So, I guess I'm back to interviewing [wth?] more women. U have enough friends already, but maybe we could do the same. Let me know if u ever need anything. Ps. Do you think their [sic] that actually live the Christian life when their [sic] away from church?  Let me know where that church is when u find it. It would be cheaper than going to Russia. lol. [mail order brides? what in the world?]



Yes, he went from sounding sad and lonely to insulting me.  So for the record, Outback.  Yes, there are girls that live Christian lives.  But they probably don't go to bars on second dates, drink tons of alcohol, or go out with guys who insult them.

and two hours later:
O: By the way, I still think ur great!



I haven't responded. Nor will I.

All the best, weirdo.

- W

No comments:

Post a Comment