Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dear Butterfly Girl,

You were a blind date. A very pretty blind date. I decided to take you to the natural science museum for our first date, before we went to dinner.

That was my first mistake: planning on spending hours with a girl I had never met before.

But I thought I was being nice and planning a nice, casual but fun date for us.

The natural science museum has a butterfly exhibit.  Most girls love butterflies.  They are pretty and graceful and fun.  So I figured I'd win brownie points here.

But alas, you are not most girls.

I would happen to go on a blind date with the one girl in America who is TERRIFIED of butterflies.  Like calls them "creepy crawlies" and runs from them like little kids run from bees.

When we walked into the exhibit, you went catatonic.  I knew that the date had gone south, and suffered through the rest of it like a gentleman.

And you reported back to the person who sat us up that "He took me to a butterfly museum"  with such an air of disgust.  Apparently you think it is normal to hate butterflies.

Hate on. Alone.

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment