Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dear Fratstar,

We went on a fabulous date 2 to Frankies.  I of course beat you in almost everything, especially skeeball and that shooting arcade game.  What can I say? I've got a competitive nature.

Since you had just received a job offer in Greensboro, and were taking it, I pretty much wrote this date off.  I figured that since you were a gentleman you would take me out as scheduled, but that would be it.  So when you didn't make a move at the end of the night for a kiss, I figured that was that.

Imagine my surprise the next morning when I got a text from you asking if I wanted to go to the Caribbean the next week.  Jokingly, I replied "of course".  You were serious.  So I asked for more details, stalling for time.  I mean date 2, no first kiss yet, and now you are asking me to spend a week with you in a foreign country.

You gave me the details, and the hotel looked incredible.  But alas, while I can see that trip as amazingly fun, I could also see it as incredibly awkward.  And/or dangerous.  Hello Natalee Holloway.  So I told you I couldn't come because I have a wedding in Virginia I'd have to be home in time to attend.

You called my bluff and changed the reservations.  So then I said that plane tickets were just too expensive.  Thankfully you didn't offer to pay for that too or things would have gotten really awkward.

In the end, you didn't go.  You went to Wrightsville Beach instead.  And invited me and some friends.  I'm much more inclined to see you 1. in America 2. with my friends and 3. where I can drive home if things get awkward.  Unfortunately my social calendar is rock solid for a while, so no weekend jaunts to the beach for me til Memorial Day.

Til then Fratstar,
W

No comments:

Post a Comment