Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dear SPCA,

I apologize.  I had no interest in you.  But my friend's cat had some kittens and they were in need of new homes. So, in a somewhat inebriated state, I decided it was my personal challenge to find the kittens home.  And being as you were at the party, I decided that you were clearly qualified for pet ownership.

So, I picked you out a kitten.  And you took it.  And somewhere along the lines, we made out.  But that's beside the point.  I made out with lots of strangers in college (and thereafter, to be perfectly honest...) You came to a perfectly normal house party, and left, not with a girl, but with a tiny, adorable kitten.

A long time later, I was somewhere on campus or at another party or something like that.  The details escape me.  But you came up to  me and started a conversation.  I had no idea who you were.

SPCA: you don't remember me do you?
me: should I?
SPCA: well, we made out one time.
me: still not ringing any bells...
SPCA: and you gave me a kitten
me: Awwww! Do you still have it?
SPCA: yes, and she's the sweetest thing ever!


Moral of the story: My being a makeout whore gave a kitten a great home and lots of joy to this college kid's life. Don't you love happy endings!

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment