Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dear Baby Daddy,

You were one of my first eharmony matches.  You were decent looking, but you had a kid, so I wasn't really into you.  But A said I couldn't be picky like normal and still get 28 dates.  So A and I compromised and said I wouldn't begin conversations with you, but if you did and asked me out, I would go.

So you did.  And you seemed decent enough.  Eventually I gave you my email.  My first gchat from you was "vaghina."  Seriously.  You apologized profusely the next day, so I put you in the lunch time creeper date category.

We work nearby so I figured I could easily use you for a lunch date.  We gchatted during work hours. Turns out your kid lives with you half the time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're there for your kid.  But if your kid lives with you at least fifty percent of the time, perhaps you should mention that in your profile.  You know, the part where you said that you had no children living in your home.

So, we're chitchatting. You are telling me about your dating life.  Your year of dating.  Then we talk about your kid, etc.  And on a whim, I ask if you are still married.

DING DING DING!  I win the prize.  You actually say "well, i'm 10 months into North Carolina's 12 month separation requirement."  Yes, I  know about the requirement.  I am licensed to practice here, remember?

But the state of North Carolina recognizes you as still married. Therefore, I still recognize you as still married. Therefore, you are not going to be able to even take me on a lunch date.  I may be a lot of things, but I am not a homewrecker.  Perhaps, instead of trolling the internet looking for dates, you might spend this time trying to put the pieces of your family back together.  Or, at the very least help your son through this difficult time.

Seriously?  A married guy? No way.

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment