Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dear Joe Random (Again)

Dear Joe Random,

Remember how we made out at the bar a month ago?  Yeah, I was pretty much blackout, so I don't really remember it either. But my friends took pictures, so there we go.  So you asked me out, texted a lot, and I pretty much blew you off. Til now, when I'm in a 28 before 28 challenge, and I need to get out on a date before I get too far behind.

So, last night I was at the bar with one of my sisters for dinner and to watch the start of the game.  So I'm telling her about the contest, and I'm like yeah so I better get on this and bring back some of the old roster, who will be easy to get to take me on a date and increase my numbers.  So I texted you.  I refer to you as Joe Random, because I've never actually bothered to know your last name.  And J, my sorority sister, asks me about you.  I said "he's the guy I made out with at the bar.  His name is Joe.  He's from San Diego."  J says, "OMG, I think I might have gone out with him. Do you have a picture?"

Well, compliments of A, I have a whole album of pictures of you and me, Joe Random.  So I show her one and J is freaking out.  Turns out you went out with my sorority sister, and skeeved her out.  But somehow, despite you guys both being at the bar that night, with me, you didn't meet. Just my luck.

So J and I decide to have a little fun with you.  Despite me not returning a single text in a month, you are more than willing to take me on date. Too easy.  So J is telling me about her creepy date with you, where you suggested watching a season of the Office and "cuddling in our underwear."  So, in a prankster mood, I text you that "lets watch the office and cuddle" thinking surely you had to be able to recognize the similarity.

Nope, you asked me "tonight or tomorrow."  Seriously, you cannot be that dumb.  But you are.  Because J starts feeding me information about you, like your recent trip to Ireland, and other details about your life that I know for a fact we never discussed, because when I met you, I could not put a sentence together.

And you answer them all, like its not weird at all that I suddenly am texting you after a month, asking you weird questions, and knowing intimate details about your life that I should not know.  At one point, I even drop J's name.  YOU STILL DIDN'T CATCH ON.

And so, Joe Random, you will be my first date on my number.  Mostly because I need to kick off the challenge and I want to see if you are as creepy as J says. My hunch is yes.  So, we have scheduled a lunch date for tomorrow.  Because hopefully you can't be a total creeper at lunch.  And a girl's gotta eat!

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment