Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dear Neighbor and Mudcat,

So, as previously mentioned, Sun left town with his team.  Leaving me to my own devices.  My neighbors happened to be baseball players for NC State, and my sorority sisters dated or were friends with many of them.  So one night, after drinking at at house party, I got in full contest mode and made out with him.

He had just had tommy-john surgery on his elbow.  So it was in this huge contraption thing, and it stuck out at weird angles.  But I had a contest to win, so I got the kiss and then tried to send him home.  Only he tried to pretend he was too drunk to go home. WTF?  He lives one floor down.  I was like, well, I'm gonna go to bed... and I went to my bedroom and shut the door.  Miraculously, he managed to sober up and get back downstairs.

So that Monday  night, the girls all hit up our usual hangout, the Flying Saucer for pint night.  I was talking to some cute guy from my German class when I got drafted into wingman duty.  By P. Because low and behold she had met up with the Mudcats. 

So, throughout the night, I had been texting with the Sun.  So I knew that despite trouncing the Mudcats the previous week, they had gotten their tails handed to them that night by some other team.  Which I happened to mention.  So, long story short, I ended up talking to one of their players, Mudcat (first or third baseman, can't remember).  After last call, 3 other girls and I, along with 3 Mudcats headed back to my place for the after party. 

P. decided she was hungry, and since I never have any food in the fridge, she opened a can of green beans and had those.  Totally random and gross.  M. and her guy were hitting it off.  While, poor A, who I think was DD that night, couldn't shake her ballplayer.  A announced she was headed home.  Her player took this as a cue to walk her to her car.  Where apparently he tried to kiss her and keep her from leaving.  A is not one to be trifled with.  She kneed him in the place where the sun doesn't shine and drove herself home. 

So now I am actively talking to Sun and Mudcat on the regular.   We're talking hours of phone calls a day.  As in one would call, we'd talk, and then the other would call.  Like clockwork.  Since they had the same job, they were free at the same weirdo times. 

And of course Mudcat wants me to see his games.  So, I go prancing up to the same will call window I had just been to multiple times the previous week and ask for my player passes.  The guy, recognizing me, starts looking at the visitor list.  And I was like "nope, this time I'm playing for the hometeam...."


Awkward...

No comments:

Post a Comment