Friday, March 18, 2011

Flashback Friday - The Great Underwear Contest of 2005/MBA

Yes, you read that right.  It's not as bad as it sounds, but it is scandalous and will be the basis for a ton of flashback blog entries.  Therefore, I will explain the basics of the Great Underwear Contest of 2005.

Summer 2005 was perfect.  I had just graduated from college. I had a sweet summer job working from 10 to 2 every weekday as a receptionist.  Perfect for staying out late every night, heading to work, and then laying out at the pool all afternoon until time to go out again.  I was headed to law school in the fall so I was going to make the most of my remaining freedom before I had to buckle down for school again.

To add to this perfect storm, my bff was newly single.  The two of us had never been single together.  The stars truly aligned that summer.  So, one random day, we headed to Victoria's Secret for their semi-annual sale.  And we each bought an obscene number of new panties.  Super cute, of course.  And in the random way events always evolve in college, we decided to have a contest.  So the rules were laid out:

1. Whoever made out with a guy in each pair of panties first would win.
2.  All you had to do was kiss.  We're not whores, k?
3. If you started a relationship, that would still count.  Meaning it did not have to be a new guy for each pair of panties, just a kiss per/panties.

The rules were set, so off we went.  The first night of the contest, we went to a dueling piano bar that was our summer hangout (75 cent well drinks on Wednesdays.... um hello, we were pretty tanked).  So that night, we met all our friends at said bar.  It turns out it was my grand-big's birthday party at this bar.  So we partied all night with them, including her boyfriend, MBA*.  As we're getting ready to leave, our friend (who happened to pen yesterday's Dear Fuqua post) said we might as well start our makeout contest right then.

 So she pushed me into the closest guy.  Who happened to be MBA.  So I made out with him. The bff made out with his friend.  Then we thought our DD had arrived to take us home, but alas they were late, so we went back in, and made out with the boys again.  That's right. I made out with my grandbig's boyfriend. Twice.  In the bar.  In front of my grand-big.  On her birthday.  Not a high point in my life, but all is fair in love and Underwear Contests...

recap:
brownie points: education level
strikes/dealbreaker: you had a girlfriend and you made out with me in front of her.

*Incidentially, MBA and Sam's Club share the same first name and both have serious fidelity problems.  In the future, I will avoid all men with this girly first name. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment