Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dear Sun/Batter Up!

Hi, my name is W. and i like baseball players.  It started sophomore year of college, when I dated a college baseball player (from a different NC college).  Anyhow, he was a shortstop, and really cute, and that is where my love affair began.  To be fair, I think the actual baseball game itself is rather slow and boring.  I'd much rather watch football.  But, the tight white pants and the all-American look of the the baseball player has hooked me.  If I had a "look" that I go for, baseball player would be it.  Tall, well-groomed, muscular but not too beefy, tan. MMMM...

Anyway, so one night a friend, P, had met a bunch of minor league baseball players from Jacksonville at a bar.  They gave her a bunch of passes to the next nights game.  She invited me.  Being as I didn't have shinola to do, I went, along with a few other girls.  We looked really cute in our sundresses.  And by really cute I mean, WAY OVERDRESSED, to attend a game at the Mudcat's stadium in Zebulon, NC.  Seriously, the dress code of the evening was "jean overalls."  Our seats were, suprise suprise, right behind the visiting teams's bull pen.  So we did what any normal group of girls would do, we flirted with the pitchers.  We even sent them to the dugout at one point to bring us some grape double-bubble because the normal stuff wasn't cutting it for us.

After the game, we met the team in downtown Raleigh for drinks and a good time.  And that's where Sun (a pitcher) and I hit it off.  He was really tall, blonde, hot, and super duper sweet.  So we talked for forever, and he asked me to come to the rest of their games.  I think we ended up going to like 2 more.  And when you go on "player's pass" at the Mudcat stadium, you have to prance up to the will call and say the player's name, etc.  So I did that twice that week.  Then the Suns' games with the Mudcats ended and they headed off.  But Sun and I continued to chat every day before and after his games.  Like I said he was super sweet and fun, but he was also a baseball player who didn't live anywhere near me, and spent half his time traveling.  So, while fun, I never considered Sun as anything serious.  This will be important, because the next two guys on the Summer 2005 roster were also baseball players... and the summer got a whole lot more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment